ImpactPHL unifies stakeholders from the investment, philanthropic, civic, and entrepreneurial ecosystems to lead the growth of a global movement uniquely poised to define Philadelphia’s present and future.
In the spring of 2015, a community of regional leaders in investing, entrepreneurship, wealth management, and civic innovation initiated a series of workshops to explore and better understand our region’s impact economy: the idea that capital, carefully devoted to mission-focused ventures, can yield both profitable returns and drive positive change in our community.
The insight from these discussions has now been published in the Greater Philadelphia Impact Economy Report, a project led by Ben Franklin and the Economy League of Greater Philadelphia. The report crystallized a need to develop a point of entry—a “front door”— for investors, entrepreneurs and civic leaders to engage in our impact ecosystem and facilitate further conversation around impact investing. ImpactPHL is the result.
- John Moore, Investors’ Circle (Executive Chair)
- Tom Balderston, SustainVC & Investors’ Circle
- Richard Binswanger, A Way to Donate
- Margaret Berger Bradley, Ben Franklin Tech Partners
- Claire Marrazzo Greenwood, The Chamber of Commerce
- Dermot Murphy, Halloran Philanthropies
- Chris Rasmussen, Threshold Group
- RoseAnn Rosenthal, Ben Franklin Tech Partners
- Noelle St. Clair, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- Jim Cawley, United Way
- Jay Coen Gilbert, B Lab
- Harold Epps, The City of Philadelphia
- Sherryl Kuhlman, Wharton Social Impact Initiative
- Garrett Melby, GoodCompany Ventures
- Jeremy Nowak, J Nowak Associates
- Daphne Rowe, Philanthropy Network of Greater Philadelphia
- Pedro Ramos, The Philadelphia Foundation
- Diane Sterthous, PA Dept. of Community and Economic Development
- Omar Woodard, The Greenlight Fund
- Steve Wray, The Economy League